Could Bioinformatics Enhance Your Research?
Analysis of omics data can complement and enhance your existing drug discovery methods and increase the likelihood of treatment effectiveness. The likelihood of treatment efficacy can be assessed across specific biomarker groups using simulation or association studies of drug components prior to the development of the drug.
Bioinformatic approaches can enable development of patient-targeted therapies and can also allow for biomarker-based treatments tailored towards an individual patient, thereby having a greater likelihood of treatment success. In addition, the analysis of omics data from patients allows for the prediction of a patient’s response to a given drug (efficacy, side effect severity, etc.).
Biomarker-based clinical trials allow the treatment under investigation to be tailored to the patient. Alternatively, the study population can be restricted to patients with specific biomarkers. In either case, the chance of a successful trial is increased, and treatment efficacy can be more clearly determined.
Bioinformatics Services for Biotech & Pharma Start-ups & SMEs
Send download link to:
Bioinformatics & Clinical Trials
Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field that combines biology, computer science, and statistics to analyse and interpret biological data, particularly large-scale genomic and molecular data. In the context of clinical trials, bioinformatics plays a role in the analysis of genetic and molecular data collected from participants. For example, bioinformaticians may use computational tools and algorithms to analyse gene expression patterns, identify genetic variants associated with drug response, or investigate biomarkers indicative of treatment outcomes. Bioinformatics can also be utilized to analyse data from high-throughput technologies, such as next-generation sequencing, proteomics, and metabolomics, to gain insights into disease mechanisms and treatment responses.
While biostatistics focuses primarily on the application of statistical methods to study design and data analysis, bioinformatics deals with the management and analysis of large-scale biological data, particularly in the context of genomics and molecular biology. Both fields are crucial in the process of conducting rigorous and data-driven clinical trials, enabling researchers to draw meaningful conclusions and advance medical knowledge.
Key Benefits of adding an Omics component to Your Clinical Study:
- Reduce the amount of time wasted on ineffective treatment regimens that would unnecessarily consume research budget and produce undesired treatment effects.
- Mitigate the chance of adverse side-effects during your clinical trial.
- Discover which patients your treatment is most likely to benefit and therefore who to focus on in clinical trials.
- Increase the likelihood of treatment success.
- Minimise the time and cost-to-market of your drug.
at any stage of your project
from the design stage
to final analysis.
We tailor the latest
to best serve
your research goals.
Bioinfomatics as a stand-alone service
Whether you want to:
- Build a pipeline
- Plan a new experiment
- Leverage cloud computing to accelerate your data analysis
- Utilise advanced machine learning methods to tease out meaningful patterns in your data
- Get clarity on experimental output
Our biostatistics and bioinformatics techniques can help you:
- Make sense of generated big omics data
- Validate and identify biomarkers in the field of molecular life science
- Perform upstream analysis to assure the quality of next generation sequencing data
- Tease out meaningful pattern through appropriate biostatistical methods
- Leverage advanced multi-objective ensemble dimensionality reduction techniques
- Combine your results with information about the interactions of molecules (genes, RNA, proteins, microbiome)
- identify a minimum number of biomarkers required to predict the phenotype under study with the highest possible accuracy
Maximise your insights and expand what’s possible.
Get in contact today to discuss your research.